Sunday, October 7, 2012

Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips (Recipe)

I rarely make anything people like, to be honest, but my friends liked the banana muffins I made yesterday. The muffins were made as gift to a friend who was celebrating her birthday, but I brought a few extras for the others to taste. They said the banana flavor is very rich. I thought so too. The texture is soft, and has a rich buttery banana flavor.

Get the recipe now :D



Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp hot water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips

For decorations (toppings):
Bananas, cut into chunks
Chocolate chips

Procedures:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Farenheit.
  2. Prepare muffin cups and muffin pans.
  3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
  4. Add egg and mashed bananas. If doubling the recipe, add one egg at a time. (e.g. Add first egg, mix, add second egg, and mix).
  5. Mix baking soda with hot water. Mix well and pour into bowl with butter mixture. Try to pour all the baking soda into the bowl.
  6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Ice cream scoop is recommended for transferring batter into the muffin cups. Top each muffin with 1 or 2 chunks of banana, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
  7. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Notes:

On my second batch of these banana muffins,  I only had 1/4 cup of butter in the fridge. I substituted Crisco shortening for the other 1/4 cup of butter. I didn't notice a difference in taste. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment