Saturday, February 1, 2014

Low carb meal: scrambled eggs with veggies and bacon


So my boyfriend decided to start cutting down carbs and I got motivated to do the same to lose some of my own weight and to keep him motivated. Following a diet is more fun when you do it with someone else, right? :)) I wont totally go low carb. II'll just try to prepare my own meals whenever possible and avoid carby foods especially sweets which I really love.

So today, because I have some spare time, I decided to make omelet. I ended up not cooking a flat foldable egg though, so this is actually scrambled eggs. 


I didn't take note of the amount of ingredients i used but here ia how i prepared it. First, I heat some cut bacon until crispy. Then I melted butter with oil. I stir-fried minced garlic, finely chopped carrots and cabbages. When soft, bacon is added. Then i scrambled 3 eggs and added granulated seasoning before pouring in the frying pan. I stirred the mixture until the egg looked "almost" fully cooked to keep it soft when served. 

It's an oily dish but I don't mind it. My boyfriend should. Hehe.

 I ate some leftover fried wantons with it. :)) yum. I have mint green tea with me during the meal to counter the grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment